Skip to main content

Clackamas County Good Government Reporting

For reporting fraud, waste, abuse and privacy/HIPAA incidents or breaches

We value integrity, ethics and trust, and believe our resident’s value them too. If you are aware of any instances of suspected fraud, theft, embezzlement, misuse of county assets or privacy/HIPAA incidents or breaches we want to hear from you.

Please keep the following in mind when reporting :

  • If you are an employee if possible, report the incident to your supervisor or manager first.
  • You must be able to provide adequate information to support an investigation.
  • Your report MUST be made in good faith. DO NOT make frivolous or ill intended reports.
  • Check back on the status of your report, we may need additional information.
  • DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE TO FILE REPORTS FOR VIOLATION TYPES NOT LISTED; see the additional links and phone numbers below.

The Clackamas County Good Government Website is for the reporting of the following types of incidents:

  • Accounting, auditing or internal financial control issues
  • Embezzlement
  • Falsification of contracts, reports or records
  • Theft
  • Donor stewardship
  • Sabotage or vandalism
  • Misuse of assets or services
  • Privacy/HIPAA incidents or breaches

For more information and FAQ’s, see

Do not use this hotline to report the following types of violations. Reports filed via the hotline that pertain to the following types of incidents will not be investigated.

  • 1. Human resources issues dealing with harassment, discrimination or any grievable labor issues. Please direct these reports or calls to Human Resources, 503-655-8459, or to your union representative.
  • 2. Conflicts of interest or state ethics violations. Please direct these reports or calls to the Oregon Government Standards and Practices Commission at 503-378-5105, or

Other Hotline Information

Social Security fraud
Guidelines for Reporting Fraud or call 1-800-772-1213
Medicare fraud
Medicare Fraud Overview or call 1-800-447-8477
Environmental Protection Agency hotlines
Occupational Safety & Health Admin (OSHA)
1-800-321-OSHA(6742) or at
US Department of Transportation, Hazardous Materials Spills or Pipeline Leaks
Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI)

Oregon Department of Human Services Fraud Hotline

(for SNAP, TANF, Oregon Trail card and more, related fraud)