Employment related issues

For employment-related issues, current employees should contact Lane.Lanford@texasre.org launch email for employment related issues or use the Ask the CEO tool to submit any concerns (anonymously if desired) through the Texas RE employee portal or by using this link: http://intranet.texasre.local/Lists/AskTheCEO/NewForm.aspx?Source=/SitePages/Home.aspxlaunch Texas RE employee portal.

Retail Electric Provider Issues

To file a complaint about an electric provider, notify the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) by calling 888-782-8477 or notify the PUCT through its website at https://puc.state.tx.us/consumer/complaint
/Default.aspx launch PUCT website

Welcome to the Compliance Hotline for Texas Reliability Entity, Inc.. Here you may anonymously and confidentially report issues related to Texas Reliability Entity, Inc. (Texas RE)–such as conflicts of interest or other concerns about ethics, or HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) or other policy violations–or any compliance complaint, issue, or activities that could involve violations of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards.

The Compliance Hotline is hosted by third-party provider EthicsPoint on EthicsPoint's secure servers; it is not part of the Texas RE Web site or Intranet.

Our Commitment

The vision of Texas RE is to preserve and enhance reliability across the ERCOT region by encouraging a culture of compliance among all users, owners, and operators of the bulk power system.

As mandated by the delegation agreement with NERC, Texas RE performs the regional entity functions described in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 for the ERCOT region. The delegation agreement was approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Texas RE is authorized by NERC to develop, monitor, assess, and enforce compliance with NERC reliability standards within the geographic boundaries of the ERCOT region.

Texas RE is independent of all users, owners, and operators of the bulk power system. We appreciate your support and cooperation in helping Texas RE to (1) remain an ethical organization, from top to bottom, and (2) be aware of any compliance concerns or issues in the ERCOT region.

Filing a Report

You may call (888) 242-6340 toll-free (in the U.S. and Canada), or you may file a report online. After you complete your report, you will be assigned a unique code called a “report key.” Write down your report key and password, and keep them in a safe place. After 4-5 business days, use your report key and password to check your report for feedback or questions.

Alternatively, you may choose to report a possible violation of a NERC reliability standard using the NERC Compliance Hotline launch NERC Hotline.

Complaints may also be made to NERC by calling (866) 888-0451 or by sending an e-mail launch email to NERC.


If requested, NERC and Texas RE staff will withhold the name of the complainant in any communications with the violating entity. All information provided will be held as confidential in accordance with the NERC Rules of Procedure. As appropriate, NERC and/or Texas RE staff may informally seek additional information from the submitter and others. Texas RE staff may refer the matter for further investigation by NERC or the appropriate regional entity.

EthicsPoint is not a 911 or Emergency Service

Do not use this site to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response. If you require emergency assistance, please contact your local authorities.