Seaspan Ethics Hotline
Seaspan is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct in all of its dealings with employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders and the communities we serve. We embrace business practices that create long-term value and enhance our reputation for honesty, integrity and safety.
Because of this commitment, we provide you with two very important tools:
- The Seaspan Code of Conduct: The code is a guide for your behaviour as a Seaspan employee and explains the consequences for violating these expectations.
- The Seaspan Ethics Line: The Ethics Line is a telephone and web-based service that allows employees to anonymously report behaviour they believe might violate Seaspan´s vision, mission, values, commitments or Code of Conduct.
Ethics Line is a simple and convenient way to report suspected violations of ethics and compliance standards. To ensure confidentiality and anonymity, if requested, a third party named EthicsPoint hosts the service. The Ethics Line offers you several ways to report a potential violation, or follow up on an existing report.
You, as the reporter, always have the options of identifying yourself or remaining anonymous when you file a report through the Ethics Line. Tracking devices, such as caller id or online tracking, are never used. Revealing your identity is entirely your choice. Either way, Seaspan will look into the report and take appropriate action.
Seaspan leaders take seriously the reports concerning employee misconduct. We want to ensure that the company's conduct meets the highest legal and ethical standards. This is a goal we can achieve only if people have the courage and commitment to report suspect wrongdoing.
Seaspan supports an environment that prohibits retaliation against anyone who raises in good faith a concern with business conduct.
What to expect when using the Ethics Line:
- You may file a report by dialing the toll-free number or filling out an online report. The toll free number is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
TOLL FREE NUMBER - 1.888.271.4587
- Calls and online reports may be anonymous if you so choose. You do not need to identify yourself, and the source of the call or report is not recorded or identified.
- When you file a report, you will be issued a report number and asked to create a password. Make sure to write down your report number and password. You will need it to monitor the progress of your report or to contact the investigation team.
- With your report number and password, you can return to the Ethics Line via phone or this website anytime, and check for updates to and/or questions about your report.
- If you file an anonymous report, please revisit it within 10 business days. You should do this to answer any questions the staff investigating the matter may have posted to your report, since they have no other way of contacting you.
File a Report by Phone
TOLL FREE NUMBER:
(US and Canada)
File a Report Online
ATTENTION! This webpage is hosted on EthicsPoint's secure servers and is not part of the Seaspan website or intranet.